Wednesday, August 18, 2010

School Work

Since the weight of Cosmic Chase has been lifted, I've been focusing on character design and storyboarding my new film. It's something I've never done before as I try to push and challenge myself with each new project. It's been in the works since May and since then a draft of the script has been written. I'm excited about it. It's titled "Robiety".

Robiety is a story driven tale about a robotic society and the struggle of one robot to rebel against the corporation and discover happiness. This is a more mature film geared towards the older crowd, containing various intertwining themes and symbolism which is left up to the viewer to interpret. It's an open-ended story and you can take what you want from it.

I've been studying and looking up different types of robots over the last month to solidify characters. So far I've got the main character and villain along with a few extras. It'll be a heavily stylized film and contain minimal action as it will focus on acting and emotion.

Robiety will be completed in April 2011. I'll be posting more on production as I do it throughout the year.

And now for something different. Here's some stuff I worked on last semester.

Monster O's from Jeff Yandura on Vimeo.


2010 Work Reel from Jeff Yandura on Vimeo.


Hope you guys like!

No comments: